To our Symphoria Family,
We are disappointed to announce that our concerts scheduled for March and April have officially been cancelled. We will make an announcement about the performances scheduled for May 9 and May 16 later this month. Thank you for your patience and kind words as we work through all of the unknowns surrounding the effects of COVID-19.
Symphoria has always offered a generous ticket exchange policy to help you enjoy Symphoria in a way that is convenient to you.
1. You may donate your tickets back to Symphoria. Your ticket purchase will become a tax-deductible donation. With the passing of the CARES Act, you can claim an “above-the-line” deduction of up to $300 for cash donations to non-profits this year if you take the standard deduction. Check with your tax advisor to see if your ticket donations to Symphoria qualify.
2. You can exchange your tickets for another performance.
We understand that you may wish to exchange your series tickets for the same series next season, or to apply part of your 2019-2020 subscription to next season. Knowing that you have a challenging road ahead as we work through this, would you consider one of the following options instead? Your generosity helps in so many ways.
- Exchange your tickets for any cancelled concert in 2019-2020 for “Bring A Friend” tickets for the 2020-2021 season. You get to introduce Symphoria to someone you care about while alleviating any financial impact because you’d still be purchasing your tickets for next season.
- If you are a subscriber to a particular series, exchange your tickets for this season’s cancelled concerts for a series you don’t normally attend next season– try out a Casual or Sparks series concert for next season in addition to the Pops or Masterworks concerts you love.
We are here to help. Our Box Office is open from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday – Friday, and our most excellent Box Office Manager, Emily Bass, will take care of your requests. You can reach her at 315-299-5598 or ebass@experiencesymphoria.
While we are living in uncertain times, we are certain of your dedication to Symphoria. Thank you for sharing wonderful music with us yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
All my best,
Ticket Exchange Policy
To our Symphoria Family,
Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we try to navigate the coming days and weeks. I know that you are eager to know what this means for you and the tickets you have purchased to attend our March events.
For now, Symphoria concerts are suspended. No matter what happens next, we do know that your Symphoria experience over the next few weeks will be different than we had planned. We are working out several different options for patrons who have tickets to our March performances. Much will depend on the news in the next few weeks.
Symphoria has always offered a Ticket Exchange Policy for our subscribers and ticket buyers. What does that mean right now?
1. You can call the Box Office at 315-299-5598 at any point to exchange your March tickets for another performance this spring.
2. You can donate your ticket back to Symphoria as a fully-tax-deductible donation to the orchestra. We need your support now more than ever.
We know it’s a lot to ask, but please hold tight and be patient with us until we know the next steps. We don’t want to miss any opportunity to share music with you. Please know that while we aren’t offering refunds, we do promise to honor our commitment to provide the best musical experience we can for each of the concerts you have a ticket for. We just don’t know exactly what that looks like right now.
Again, we can’t thank you enough for everything you do to make music possible in Central New York. Please continue to check our website and Facebook and Instagram accounts regularly for updates and fun ways that we’ll be looking to connect with you in the coming weeks. An orchestra is nothing without an audience, and we are so glad that you are part of Symphoria’s.
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to call me directly with any questions, concerns, or frustrations. We know how you feel.
All my very best,