PLAN YOUR EXPERIENCE
Attending the symphony is fun and exciting for the whole family!
We’ve compiled a few helpful tips below to help individuals who are new to the experience feel right at home.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Concerts at the Crouse Hinds Theater generally begin at 7:30pm. Theater doors open at 7pm and guests are welcome to mingle in the lobby, grab a drink or snack and catch up with other symphony-goers until the show begins. To gain entry, patrons must present a hard copy of their ticket, which they may either print at home or pick up at will-call at the Symphoria box office in the downstairs lobby. Masterworks and Pops concerts generally run two hours and have one intermission throughout.
There is no required dress code for attending the performances. Some people may be wearing business casual clothes or slightly dressy casual clothes. Feel free to dress up or dress casual.
WHAT IF I ARRIVE LATE?
Patrons who arrive late will be seated when there is a break in the music. If you must leave during a performance, we ask that you be respectful to the musicians and other audience members and wait for a break in the program.
WHEN SHOULD I CLAP?
Sometimes it can be confusing to know when to clap, especially if there are multiple sections or movements involved in a single piece. Generally, patrons hold applause until after the last movement of a work.
For the Masterworks and Pops concert series, which are hosted at the Crouse-Hinds Theater at the Civic Center, a snack bar is offered as well as a full bar with coffee and soda as well.
Symphoria is proud to offer accommodations for guests with special needs at the Crouse-Hinds Theater. Elevators and handicap accessible restroom facilities are available. Please call our box office for seating and additional information.
CAN’T ATTEND A CONCERT?
- Tickets can be exchanged up to 2 hours prior to the concert you are scheduled to attend. We regret that we are unable to exchange tickets from past-dated concerts. There are no exceptions.
- If you are exchanging into a more expensive section or concert, you will be charged the difference in price plus any applicable fees. Any special offers used for the initial purchase may not apply to exchanges. Payment must be made at the time of the exchange. If you are exchanging into an equal or less expensive seating section, tickets will be exchanged for equal value. Tickets cannot be exchanged into future seasons and ticket exchange credit can be used only for tickets within the season it was accrued. The ticket exchange credit will expire at the end of the season, and will not be refunded. You may also donate your tickets, receive a receipt for tax purposes.
- Exchange your tickets for any concert that is cancelled due to COVID-19 for “Bring A Friend” voucher. You get to introduce Symphoria to someone you care about while alleviating any financial impact because you’d still be purchasing your tickets for next season.
- If you are a subscriber to a particular series, exchange your tickets for this season’s cancelled concerts for a series you don’t normally attend – try out a Casual or Spark series concert for next season in addition to the Pops or Masterworks concerts you love.
- Exchange your tickets for a cancelled concerts for “Be Our Guest” tickets to be used on an upcoming concert of your choice, pending ticket availability. “Be Our Guest” tickets expire one year following the cancelled concert.